SUPathlon at Dinton Pastures
Dinton Pastures Country Park ishosting a duathlon with a difference this summer – a SUPathlon! The brand newevent, which takes place on 14 July, mixes running and stand-up paddleboardingtogether in what is believed to be the first of its kind in England.
Organised in partnership with Bracknell-basedBarnes Fitness, the Dinton SUPathlon starts with 1km of paddling on Black SwanLake followed by 5km of running along the established course used for theDinton Pastures Summer 5km or 10km Series. Due to popular demand there is nowan option to enter as a team, whereby one person will stand-up paddleboard andthe other person runs.
Cllr Parry Batth, executive member forenvironment and leisure, said: “It’s encouraging to see Dinton Pastures playhost to this unique event. I’m sure this activity will appeal to fitnessfanatics both local and from further afield. It’s also brilliant to partnerwith a local business like Barnes Fitness to offer something as distinctive asthe SUPathlon to local residents.”
Race organiser, Ellie Barnes of Barnes Fitness, added: ‘We’rereally excited to be bringing the SUPathlon to Dinton Pastures. The lake,established course, and excellent equipment mean entrants can enjoy an experiencethat really is second to none. The event is also believed to be the first ofits kind in England and I’m really excited to be bringing this to life inpartnership with the team at Dinton Pastures.”
- The race starts at 9.30am
- It costs £20 to enter if you have yourown board
- It costs £20 to enter with boardrental included
- It costs £30 to enter for a team relaywith own their own board
- It costs £35 to enter for a team relayhiring a SUP
- A marked two lap stand-up paddleboard coursewith a full team of swim safety kayakers will be on hand, to ensure entrantsfeel safe and enjoy the event followed by a quick transition to find their runninglegs for a 5km run around Dinton Pastures Country Park
- Changing facilities and hot showersonsite
- Post event refreshments will beavailable
- Minimum competitor age: 15 as of raceday
- Parking available onsite – £1.50 perhour up to 4 hours, £6 flat rate for 4 hours plus
- This event is not suitable forcomplete novices. You will be required to have had previous experience ofstand-up paddleboarding and confirm that you have when entering. There areplenty of opportunities available at Dinton Activity Centre