Wokingham Library Summer Events
Wokingham Library Summer Events
There’s plenty on offer for young people this summer at Wokingham Borough libraries.
Come and learn about different artists with creative activity. For children aged 7 to 11 years old. £2 charge per session. Winnersh Library: Saturday July 28, 1pm to 2pm, Saturday August 11, 1pm to 2pm, and Saturday August 18, 1pm to 2pm.
Baby Mindful Taster Session
Each class is based around a traditional nursery rhyme incorporating a range of activities which will gently simulate and calm your baby whilst supporting their normal development. For adults and babies up to six months. Wokingham Library: Monday August 6, 11am to 12noon & Woodley Library: Monday August 13, 11am to 12noon
Children’s Games Afternoon
Selection of board games and puzzles for children. Winnersh Library: every Tuesday and Thursday, 2pm to 4pm
Children’s Chess Club
For young people aged 8 years old and over. Woodley Library: Thursday August 2, 3.30pm to 5pm
Creative Writing Workshops for Teens*
A full day workshop session for teens with Igniting Writing. £5 charge. Wokingham Library: Saturday July 28, 10.30am to 3pm, and Saturday August 4, 10.30am to 3pm
Explore Learning – Put a spring in your step
Children can jump straight into this comprehension workshop and learn some fantastic skills that they can apply to any text they read. For children aged seven to nine.
- Lower Earley Library: Friday August 10, 10.45 to 11.45am
- Twyford Library: Tuesday August 14, 10.45 to 11.45am
- Wokingham Library: Thursday August 16, 10.45 to 11.45am
- Woodley Library: Tuesday August 21, 10.45 to 11.45am
Family Learning Puppet Crafts
Try different forms of puppet making and learn to help your children develop their storytelling skills. For families with children aged 4 and over. £5 charge. Book via adult and community learning team on (0118) 974 3797 or email: email@example.com. Wokingham Library: Thursday July 26, 10am to 12noon & Finchampstead Library: Thursday July 26, 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Family Learning with Lego
Hands on session for parents to discover how you can help your child to explore basic maths such as symmetry, bar charts and fractions –whilst playing with Lego. For families with children aged 5-7 years. £5 charge. Book via Adult and Community Learning Team on (0118) 974 3797 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Wokingham Library: Monday July 30, 10am to 12noon
Guide Dogs Morning
Just drop into learn and meet guide dogs and their owners. Take part in some fun activities.Wokingham Library: Monday July 30, 10am to 12noon
Greek Myth – Eros and Psyche – Summer Theatre Show
Suitable for children aged 5 and over, £5 charge per person. Woodley Library: Monday August 6, 2.30 to 3.30pm
Energising, stimulating & connecting through music, Come and join us for some musical fun with singing, laughing and dancing. Free taster session. Lower Earley Library: Thursday July 26, 10am& Woodley Library: Thursday on August 30, 10am
Themed Lego building session, for children aged 5 to 10 years old. £1 charge.
- Wargrave Library: Monday July 30, 2pm to 2.45pm and 3.15pm to 4pm
- Winnersh Library: Wednesday August 1, 2pm to 2.45pm and 3.15pm to 4pm
- Twyford Library: Monday August 13, 2.15pm to 3pm and 3.30pm to 4.15pm
- Spencers Wood Library: Tuesday August 14, 2.45pm to 3.30pm and 4pm to 4.45pm
Mischief Makers Activity Session*
Activity session for children aged 12 and under. £2 charge
- Twyford Library: Tuesday July 31, 10.45am to 11.45am
- Finchampstead Library: Wednesday August 1, 10.30am to 11.30am and August 8, 3pm to 4pm
- Spencers Wood Library: Thursday August 9, 10.30am to 11.30am
- Winnersh Library: Friday August 10, 11am to 12noon
- Arborfield Library: Monday August 13, 3pm to 3.45pm
- Wargrave Library: Wednesday August 15, 10.45 to 11.45am
Mischief Makers Volunteer Activity Sessions
Talk about your Summer Reading Challenge books, storytelling and other fun activities with our Summer Reading Challenge volunteers. Just drop in!
- Wokingham Library: Monday July 30, August 6, 13 and 20, 2.15 to 3.45pm and Wednesday August 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, 10.45am to 12.15om
- Lower Earley Library: Tuesday July 31, August 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2.15 to 3.45pm, and Thursday August 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, 10.45am to 12.15pm
- Woodley Library: Wednesday August 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2.15pm to 3.45pm and Friday August 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31, 10.45am to 12.15pm
Just drop in and create a sand art picture with Kids Bee Happy with Maddi. £4 per picture, for children aged 4 to 11 years old.
- Wokingham Library: Monday August 20, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Lower Earley Library: Tuesday August 21, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Woodley Library: Wednesday August 22, 10.30am to 12.30pm
Summer read along with ABC to read
Bring along your summer reading challenge books and discuss or read your books with a trained ABC to read volunteer.
- Wokingham Library: Monday July 30 from 2.15 to 3.45pm
- Woodley Library: Friday July 27 from 10.45am to 12.15pm
Storytime with Healthwatch Wokingham
hear a story and find out about Healthwatch Wokingham. For children age 8 and under, just drop in!
- Wokingham Library: Tuesday July 24, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Woodley Library: Monday July 30, 11am to 12noon
- Lower Earley Library: Tuesday August 14, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Finchampstead Library: Monday August 20, 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Spinning Stories Event*
Come and spin the wheel and take part in stories and craft with books written by author Julia Donaldson. For children aged 7 and under, £1 charge
- Arborfield Library: Monday August 13, 2pm to 2.45pm
- Wargrave Library: Monday August 20, 11am to 11.45am
- Winnersh Library: Wednesday August 22, 11am to 11.45am
- Spencers Wood Library: Thursday August 23, 11am to 11.45am
- Finchampstead Library: Friday August 24, 11am to 11.45am
- Twyford Library: Friday August 31, 11am to 11.45am
YA Book Drop at Wokingham Library
Check out the latest YA books we have in the library for you to borrow. Leave a book review for the board or try one of the weekly challenges. For 11 to 16 year olds, just drop in!
Wokingham Library: Thursday July 26, 2pm to 4pm
All events marked with an * must be booked, please call the library involved. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information regarding an event, please contact the host library:
Finchampstead Library (0118) 908 8176
Wargrave Library (0118) 940 4656
Lower Earley Library (0118) 931 2150
Winnersh Library (0118) 979 7519
Maiden Erlegh Library (0118) 966 6630
Wokingham Library (0118) 978 1368
Spencers Wood Library (0118) 988 4771
Woodley Library (0118) 969 0304
Twyford Library (0118) 934 0800