Wokingham School Applications Open This Weekend
Applications for children starting school, or moving to Junior school, open this weekend on 13 November and will remain open until 15 January.
Children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 will be eligible for a school place in reception from September 2022, and children currently in year two at an infant school are eligible for a transfer to junior school in September 2022.
Wokingham School Applications
The council’s website has a school admissions hub, which has a wealth of information including finding your catchment area and admission policies.
To submit an online school place application, or for further information, visit our webpage or email the school admissions team. Applications made after the closing date, 15 January 2022, will be considered late, which may affect what school is offered.
Cllr Graham Howe, executive member for children’s services, said: “Starting or changing school is a huge step in a child’s life, and we have a variety of wonderful schools across the borough.
“We have a lot of information on our school admissions hub, and I would encourage parents and carers to take some time to look through, find out about the different options available and understand how spaces are allocated to make the most of their application.”
At a glance
Please note, this information is not exhaustive and full information can be found on the council’s admissions hub.
- You can apply for up to four schools in order of preference.
- Every address in the borough has at least one designated area (or catchment) school.
- If your child attends a nursery or foundation unit which is part of a school, this doesn’t guarantee a place at this school.
- Home to school transport is available to children that meet certain eligibility criteria.
- Some schools use the council admissions policies and over-subscription policies, and some use their own. Find out which on the admissions hub.
- The council’s over-subscription policy comes into effect when more places have been applied for than are available at a school. The order of priority for children is:
1. A ‘looked after child’, or a child that has been adopted.
2. Where there are exceptional medical or social needs for a child to be at a particular school.
3. For junior school applications to transfer to year three; children who are attending the infant school with close links with the junior school by the deadline for applications.
4. Children whose permanent home address in inside the schools’ designated area, and who have a sibling at the school at time of applications and attendance.
5. Children whose permanent home address is inside the schools’ designated area.
6. Children whose permanent home address is outside the schools’ designated area and who has a sibling at the school at time of applications and attendance.
7. All other children.
- 13 November 2021: Online admissions open
- 15 January 2022: Deadline for applications and supporting information
- 16 April 2022: Offer day, letters posted first class, results can be viewed if applied online
- 4 May 2022: Deadline to accept offer of school place and waiting list information available
- 18 May 2022: Closing date for receipt of appeals to be heard together